POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Suitable camera parameters for indoor use? : Suitable camera parameters for indoor use? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Suitable camera parameters for indoor use?
From: Alessandro Morelli
Date: 18 Nov 2003 13:12:11
Message: <3fba60fa@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to model my new house (we're restructuring it for the arrival of

I modeled the whole thing in Moray, using the actual dimensions of the house
(1m = 1 unit) and it's coming along nicely.

However, no matter what I try I can't get a decent view of a room, it always
looks crowded and much smaller than it should be or it looks like Escher
had fun with my walls.

In short: I can take beatiful pictures of *details* of my furniture, but I
can't get a nice view of the whole room. Heck, even the pictures I took
with a digi are better and I'm a lousy photographer.

Could anyone help me and tell me how I should position my camera?

--alex